TIPS, TRICKS & TUTORIALS
1. Chine Collé with airbrush.
2. Single Acid Etch with Dragon Tissue and 42 Baume Hunts Blue label Roto Gravure Iron
I developed this method during a workshop demonstration. I was stunned that this worked and have been using this method with consistantly wonderful results ever since.
- Create film profile limited to a maximum density of 1.6
- Print a digital 21 step tablet on film of choice
- Dragon Tissue senistized in 4% potassium dichromate solution @ 33 f > 1.5 minutes tray sensitizing
- Equal aquatint and tone exposures
- 33 - 40 degree laydown water > transfer tissue to copper as quickly as possible
- 30 second drying time after transfer
- 115 degree development water > 3.5 minutes to peeling
- 5-7 minutes after tissue peeling = full development
- 75% Isopropyl Alcohol bath for 2 minutes
- Drying Time =15 minutes toom temperature > mask edges and back > 20 minutes on 120 f hot plate > lay plate on cardboard to cool
- Etch to conclusion as soon as plate has cooled to room temperature.
- If you do not have separation in all steps increase both the aquatint and tone exposures
- If your test does not have enough contrast decrease both aquatint and tone exposures
- Create a process adjustment Cuve using printed 21 step table
- Repeat with film created with your profile and curve